Clasp used for the 11 and 13-inch models.
• This clasp was put through several tests and is the safest for babies and children
• In the event the necklace gets caught or is under too much tension, the clasp will open on either ends without breaking the string of beads.
• Because the beads are threaded and clamped at both ends, the beads will not fall out because the thread (metal covered in nylon) will not break.
• The necklace is clamped at both ends before being attached to the clasp. If the clasp was to open, no small pieces would be accessible for children to swallow.
* The life span of the safety feature is 3 months. Beyond this time frame, the necklace should be changed. In order to ensure both the effectiveness of the Hazelwood and the safety of the necklace, it is very important to change one's necklace every 3 months.
WARNING : Children under 3 years old should not wear necklace without parental supervision. Do not put in the mouth.
When the necklace is subject to movement, contact with water and with air, the nylon covered metal thread will suffer from normal wear and tear and lose some resistance. We recommend renewing your necklace regularly to avoid wearing a Hazelwood necklace that has lost its properties and to avoid the breakage of the thread.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH HAZELWOOD NECKLACES FOR INFANTS AND SMALL CHILDREN UNDER 3 YEARS OF AGE THAT DO NOT HAVE THIS TYPE OF CLASP. (BEWARE OF IMITATIONS!)
Clasp used for necklaces 14 inches and over.
11 inches = 28 cm (0 - 2 years)
13 inches = 33 cm (2 - 4 years)
14 inches = 35.5 cm (4 - 10 years)
16 inches = 41 cm (teen and adult)
18 inches = 46 cm (adult)
20 inches = 51 cm (adult)
22 inches = 56 cm (adult)
24 inches = 61 cm (adult)